Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bumped into someone I hadn't seen in a really long time and for some reason, my mind went blank when he asked me what was new with me.

And the thing is...tons of things had happened, but you know, how, when you haven't seen someone in a long time and you're just not close to them, it just doesn't seem worth it to get into it all? On the one hand, you risk sounding like you've got no life, but on the other hand...what does it matter? This person doesn't really have any part in your life, so it shouldn't matter what he thinks about it.

It seems like today was the day for a lot of people from my past to resurface from the woodwork.

One of them was someone I would have never imagined I'd still be in touch with, but every now and again, I hear from him -- usually around the holidays. It's the online equivalent of getting the yearly Christmas card from someone who's not really a friend anymore, but you still stay in touch with just because they're on your list.

I kind of have no interest in meeting up with him for lunch...even though we'll be working really close to each other.

I don't know...I just sense that if we did meet up again, it'd be a little weird.


How great was last Thursday's Grey's?

The thing that struck me the most was when Cristina called Meredith her "person".

My Best Friend is my "person".

When I was talking about this with some friends, I was a little surprised to discover I was "the person" for a lot of people.

It's kind of nice.




PRESTON: "Meredith. This is about Meredith."
CRISTINA: "She doesn’t know yet."
PRESTON: "Meredith?"
CRISTINA: "She’s my person."
PRESTON: "Right. And if Meredith doesn’t approve, then what?"
CRISTINA: "This... this is not about getting her approval, it's about…"
PRESTON: "What?"
CRISTINA: "Telling her makes it, makes it…. If I murdered someone she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor."
PRESTON: "Okay, now you’re likening someone here to a corpse. I’m done."
CRISTINA: "She’s my person."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory