Sunday, February 04, 2007

I love Josh Rouse --- I've had his "It Looks Like Love" playing on repeat for most of the morning as I lay on the couch in my polka dot PJs, staring at the ceiling, kind of trying to digest what it is, exactly, that I'm feeling --- 'cause, you know, I tend to be a little self-absorbed that way.

But I'm not going to write about that last part. Sometimes, it just gets really boring to write about it, you know? 'Cause, really, there's nothing to write about. You're just lying on the couch, you've pressed pause, there's other stuff you could be doing, but you're just lying there, still exhausted from hanging out with your friends Friday night/early Saturday morning. And as fun and great as that was...John Mayer's "Something's Missing" is playing in the back of your head. (Kinda making you want to just rip that internal CD player right out of its socket.)

Maybe that's why I'm listening to Josh Rouse, instead...to sort of get something else stuck in my head.

Josh Rouse is cute...sort of. Well, I think he's cute.

Josh Rouse opened for eight shows on John Mayer's winter tour last year, but I've been obsessed with Rouse's Winter In The Hamptons long before Mayer made mention of Rouse in his blog.



And again, even though it's none of my business, I can't help but feel this sense of disappointment over the fact that John Mayer is dating Jessica Simpson.

Despite the fact that I'm a year younger than Mayer, the disappointment I feel is almost the kind a mother would feel if her son brought home an illiterate, bleached blonde hooker who's obviously dumber than a bag of rocks...you know, even if she had a heart of gold beating under her gigantic big boobs, I'd still be lying awake at night, staring at the ceiling and thinking to God, "Good Lord, why do you spite me so??"

Borrowing a page from my aunt's melodramatic ways, I might even piteously clutch at my shirt as I demanded of my son, "Are you trying to kill me?"

As far as female celebrities go, you've got the respectable ones where you just know at one glance that they're smart, driven, and strong.

Example? Reese Witherspoon.

Anyways, I digress.

Now, for something totally off-topic, there's nothing to watch tonight. Well, except for the Super Bowl and I've never been a fan of sports of any kind. Unless you count competitive ballroom dancing...which I'm sure nobody does. (I know. You're thinking, "Seriously? Ballroom dancing?" and here's a secret: I don't even watch that all too often. I count "So You Think You Can Dance?" as sport...which I also fully realize nobody does. Welcome to my Bizzaro World...but then again, I think "normal" is so overrated.)

On the topic of "normal", I remember reading something about how "funny girls" aren't as attractive to men as "normal" girls...ie boring girls.

You know, it's like the reason why Robert Redford chose that boring sweet girl in "The Way We Were" instead of Barbra Streisand's "Katie".

(Speaking of Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford, I read in that bio that Redford called her "Blah Blah" behind her back. I think that's kind of mean, even though Streisand came across as a difficult, mean person...so why the hell do I feel any sense of sympathy for her? She was mean, too. Okay, scratch that. Calling her "Blah Blah" isn't mean. Just not classy. I kinda expected more from Redford.)

You know, I should really stop thinking about why certain people end up with certain other people.

That kind of thinking will only drive you nuts.

As Brian said in My So-Called Life:
"What difference does it make? So, they happen to be, like, together. So what? So what? I mena, if you, like, analyze why certain people end up with certain other people, it'll make you want to kill yourself."

So, memo to self: stop caring about that sort of thing...with regards to real life and the lives of the stars.

I mean, life's not perfect.

We all make mistakes...and shouldn't it comfort us to know that we're not the only ones who kinda press pause and realize from time to time that "I've made a huge mistake"?

I love Arrested Development.

It kinda got old after awhile when Gob kept saying, "I've made a huge mistake" after almost everything that he did, but I find myself doing it from time to time, too.

You give someone your number and as soon as they walk away, it's like, "I've made a huge mistake."

You realize after a few dates that you don't really like someone but now you're in a relationship with them and again, it's like, "I've made a huge mistake."

You invite someone out with your friends and you realize they're a complete dud who doesn't do well in group settings and it's like, "I've made a huge mistake."

Life --- it's nothing but one huge mistake after another.

LOL.

I'm joking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory