Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So.
 
Last night, I discovered I'd been unceremoniously booted out of a group project for this course I'd recently enrolled in.
 
So, maybe I'm being naive (for a change) and giving people the benefit of the doubt, but I think the way the groups were supposed to be set up (through the discussion board) was confusing. You've got maybe 27 threads to wade through and then there's also the discovery that a couple of other women also go by the same nickname as me.
 
Okay, fine. Whatever.
 
It's just like being back in grade school, though, where you're sitting in class and it's time to pick teams and you're just thinking, "Please don't pick me last, please don't pick me last, please don't pick me last."
 
I don't like group work.
 
If I was a teacher, I'd never allow kids to pick teams.
 
You don't get to pick your teams when you're out working in the real world. You're assigned to a team and that's it. You're forced to work together. End of story --- if you're stuck with a difficult person, tough nuts. This is what group work's all about --- learning to work together as a group.
 
If I was a teacher, I'd even go as far as to split up the popular kids and put them in competition with each other --- give those little bastards and bitches a real lesson. It's not personal, it's business.
 
I don't know how I'd be as a teacher. That's just one profession that never crossed my mind when attempting to discover what I wanted to be when I grew up.
 
Well...now I'm grown up and I'm still struggling to find my way.
 
That kind of sucks...no, wait. That's negative. Let's try and get through today without spiralling into a foul mood, shall we?
 
So the thing is, I kind of took a deep breath and thought, "Well, even if it proves difficult to find another group to join, the point is, I'll have to be accepted somewhere. And in a few months time, this course will be over and this stupid group assignment will be over and all will be right with the world again."
 
But, wait. Another thing...those friggin' publishing houses are jokes! They have these stinkin' internships where you only get this piddlin' amount that's basically chump change in exchange for work experience. Um...yeah. That kind of practice pisses me off.
 
Okay...think happy thoughts. I just had a to delete a whole line of expletives, describing what my thoughts are of publishing houses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory