Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm totally regretting giving a particular friend of mine my work phone number.

On the one hand, I'd rather field a million calls from her during the work day rather than when I'm at home, when I just want to lounge in front of the TV or read a book or study.

See, the thing about me is that...I don't like talking if there's nothing to say. (Though, it can be argued that I always have something to say. Lorelai Gilmore ain't got nothing on me.) The thing is, sometimes, I just don't feel like talking. Or rather, I don't feel like listening. Yeah, that's more like it.

Okay, let's go one step further...I don't like neediness.

Even if I was in a relationship right now, I don't think I'd want to hear from my boyfriend every single night. I don't expect flowers, I don't expect daily phone calls, I don't expect lavish gifts.

Something interesting happened today, though --- well, maybe not interesting. No. That's a lie. It wasn't interesting at all. I take it back. Maybe what really happened was that I started picking at one thing and starting wondering if there was meaning behind it rather than letting it go as an innocent remark.

I don't tend to trust people very easily.

Anyways, this girl stopped by my desk and we started talking about Valentine's Day and I said something about how I'm not really dreading it. She asked, "Oh, do you usually dread it?"

Later, I paused and thought, "What's that supposed to mean?"

I mean, do I look like someone who's naturally alone all the time? Do I look like Ruth Fisher? Someone who's hopelessly single and lonely? Because I don't feel lonely. For the first time in a long time, I think I can honestly say that I'm okay being single. I'm rather indifferent about it for the moment, actually.

Ack! Is this totally tedious and tiresome?

Okay, let's discuss something else...

You know what I don't like about group projects? It's when you discover that one person in the group is a slacker and you start regretting picking them to be on your team.

Me? I'm a workhorse. I'm an organizer. I'm a realist, too. I always know there's going to be at least one person's who not up to snuff in a team and I know it's best to start working around that person.

I think I should be more confrontational about things, but I've learned that being diplomatic is usually the best course of action.

Oh, yeah. I'm a big fan of diplomacy...though, when I'm pissed, I'm more of a, "If you've got something to say, say it to my face" type of gal.

I've kind of got a road map planned out in my head of how I want things to go this year. Nothing's set in concrete, but I actually feel more in control for once...like there's no need to panic.

Has anyone been watching that new David Arquette show, "In Case of Emergency"? I think the premise is brilliant. It's about these four high school friends who come together again only to discover that life isn't the way they thought it'd be once they grew up.

There's this hilarious scene where David Arquette is buying a handgun:



Jason: I'm looking for a handgun, a reasonably priced, lightweight not too flash.
Gunstore Clerk: Well, what do you want it for?
Jason: I'm gonna blow my brains out.
Gunstore Clerk: I've got just the thing.

The show's up against American Idol, so I'm kind of worried about how it's going to struggle with its ratings.

Let's hope ABC doesn't axe it.

On a somewhat related note, I saw David Arquette on Ellen the other day and he's so cute. He's really funny and giddy and nice...nothing like his wife, Courtney, who came off looking so stiff and awkward and standoff-ish when she was on teh show. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she was answering in this defensive tone and she just seemed so awkward that you wanted to kick her off the set already.

It was that painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory