Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'm reading this bio of Barbra Streisand now --- not really sure why I
picked it up. I mean, I'm not really a fan or anything, though, I have
to admit I really liked "The Mirror Has Two Faces" and "The Way We
Were". (Though, what's up with her fixation on her nails? A long time
ago, I started cutting my nails really short, 'cause I hated how
they'd press into my palm as when I wrote and I just really preferred
keeping them short for when I was typing. Though I have no proof of
this, I think I type faster with my nails short. Hmmm...don't know how
this happened, but it looks like I forgot to cut the nails for two of
my fingers on my right hand. They're a little bit longer than the
rest...what's up with that?)

Does A&E still do "Biography"? Last night, while channel surfing, I
noticed CSI: Miami was on during that time slot. You know, I really
wish they'd just do original productions on these specialty channels
instead of doing repeats of shows from other networks. That being
said, I probably would have never gotten into Northern Exposure if
they weren't airing it everyday --- I used to love doing that: getting
through an entire series all in one go, watching it every day. Don't
judge, but I actually watched all of Voyager that way, too --- and say
what you will about the Star Trek franchise, but I actually though
that series was the best.

So, yesterday night was the return of Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls.
The latter comes on at 10 p.m. and I didn't think I'd be able to stay
up any longer so I just headed off to bed, where I sat up and finished
up some reading for class. (I did program Gilmore Girls for viewing
tonight, though.)

So...Veronica Mars.

Why, oh, why aren't there more people watching this show? I think it's
even better than Gilmore Girls and...wait for it...I like it a little
bit better than Grey's Anatomy. You want to know why? Because as much
as I love Grey's and Gilmore Girls, Veronica's the only female
character out there who isn't prone to extreme stupidity when it comes
to the opposite sex. She's tough, she's smart, and she never becomes a
simpering rescue-me type of gal, you know?

She's the kind of girl who gets herself out of her own messes and
doesn't waste time mooning about and moping and acting like an
annoying little twit over a guy. (Meredith, anyone?)

And another thing --- she's not annoying the way Lorelai can be
annoying sometimes. I mean, Lorelai can be clever and quick-witted,
but she can also be annoying. Veronica pulls off clever and
quick-witted without becoming annoying.

Plus, I think Kirsten Bell's a better actress.

Last night, there was this one part that really caught my attention.
She says, "Why bother with something that's not good just
because...it's something?"

Good question.

1 Comments:

Blogger Buzz Stephens said...

Speaking of Barbra Streisand, There is a popular and exciting new group on Yahoo called THE JUDY GARLAND EXPERIENCE.The group features amazing audio files, photo's, lively discussions, and more!
This weekend they are having a contest where you can win unreleased concert recordings by Frank Sinatra (in Jerusalem, 1975), Barbra Streisand (in San Francisco, 1963), Judy Garland (in Chicago, 1958), Johnnie Ray (in New York, 1989), Frances Faye (in San Francisco, 1980), and others. You can hear sample tracks from all the rare CD's at the site until tomorrow evening. Just go to

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

2/12/2007 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory