Friday, February 16, 2007

So, you know how, on Wordpress, they'll tell you the referring URL?

Well, someone on Facebook --- someone I didn't know, I might add --- bounced onto my page, which made me go, "?"

First vain, presumptuous thought was, "Is someone actually passing off my blog entries as their own?" I mean...how lame is that? And how infuriating!

Okay, let's not jump to conclusions. (Which I used to do fairly often...flying leaps, actually.)

My sister has been trying to get me onto Facebook the way she wanted me to set up an account on Friendster. There must have been something cool about logging on and seeing you have, like, 1097 friends. And if I'm completely honest, the main reason I don't like joining these things is because I know I could probably count my paltry number of friends on only two hands. But then again, I don't call just anybody a friend. I'm a snob that way.

I was telling a friend about this whole Facebook thing and the key thing that she latched onto was, "You have a blog?"

I've had this conversation twice in the last couple of weeks. "Yes. And no, I'm not going to tell you where it is."

I think I used to be incredibly stupid and write crap about my friends...I might still do that, except I can't remember now and I'm too lazy to scroll back and do a purge...which is something I quite enjoy doing when I have nothing else to do. I like getting rid of stuff and going back to basics and starting from square one as I start the accumulation of junk again.

But anyways, I really should stop thinking about this.

It's weird. I mean, if I write down a paranoid kind of message like, "Why are you reading my blog????" then I stop being "Anonymous Writer" and I become, "Crazy girl on Facebook."

Now that I've joined...I kinda don't like it.

The Internet has only a few purposes for me: blogging, downloading music, TV shows, and movies, and reading the news.

C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory