Friday, July 28, 2006

One of the managers just sent out a mass e-mail saying one of the guys was leaving the company.

I was like, "Who is that?" and since I'm lazy, I shot off an e-mail to the girl sitting a few desks over.

She gasped and then came barrelling over.

"I was asking the same thing and gonna ask you, but I hit reply by mistake!"

The manager wrote back pretty quickly and said the guy sat next to __________.

"You know what'd be funny? If you wrote back, "Who's ________?" and then, after he explains that, you can go, "And who are you?" I told her.

Huh. Just had a flashback to when I was a summer student employee and I was stuck in the file room with this other student. We were bored, so we started doing stupid things like...well, I don't know why, but we thought it'd be cool to kick around the heavy boxes full of files.

I remember suggesting, "You know what you should do? Take a few steps back and run at it and then kick it."

And of course, that sounded like a brilliant idea and that's what she did --- except she missed the box entirely and she fell flat on her back, her head smacking against the floor.

Surprisingly, this wasn't the first time nor the last time I would see something like this. I watched my boss miss his chair once and land right on his ass.

He was the most pompous asshole in the department and everybody hated him with a passion. And there I was, the only person who was completely indifferent to him, witnessing the whole damn thing!

Both times, I thought it'd be rude to laugh, so I just pretended it didn't happen and helped them up. I'd have, like, a delayed reaction or something and find myself laughing about it later...like in the shower or on the train.

And you know what else was really fucked up? I didn't tell anybody about it for the longest time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory