Thursday, July 13, 2006

Stupid Stuff At Work...

So, I haven't been changing my voicemail every day since...well, since I started. Every job I've ever had, I've left the same message:

Hi, you've reached _____________ at ___________. Please leave a message.

I believe in keeping things simple. Well, most of the time, anyway.

And ever since I've started working, anywhere, I've always had my supervisor/manager/slave master complain about how I'm supposed to say this, instead:

Hi, you've reached ____________ at ____________ on ____________ (insert date). I am unable to come to the phone right now. Please leave a message.

Duh. I mean, the only reason you're getting the voicemail is because I can't come to the phone right at that moment. And okay, yeah, it would probably make more sense to include the day so the person would know if I was even in the office or not, but the short and long of it all is that I don't really give a fuck. I mean, if I was going on vacation, I'd probably change the voicemail, but sadly enough, it turns out I'm at work every fucking day.

So, I get this email -- this mass email so as not to name names or maybe it's because there's more than one lazy asshole in the organization -- about how we're supposed to change our voicemail daily. I toyed with changing it every day to say the same thing. Just re-recording the same message and then saying, "But I did change it."

Increasingly, it's been like, "Yeah, well if they don't like it, they can just go fuck themselves."

A friend of mine was like, "Not to get all Dr. Phil on you, but if you're angry, just feel angry." The only thing is, the anger's gotten to the bitter, toxic level, you know? I'm just skipping along the fence of crazy at this point.

Anyway...

A friend who moved to Calgary called last night right when "So You Think You Can Dance?" was starting(!) I didn't feel like it'd be all that nice to go, "Sorry-can't-talk-right-now-gotta-watch-tv."

So, lately, I've been watching MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" which makes me SO MAD!!!! The last episode I watched featured Amanda, who didn't even look 15. She looked more, like, 25 or something. Her dad was a nightclub owner and she got everything she wanted. Like, when she went dress shopping and stopped in at Versace and looked at this one dress that cost $1,730 and she said, "Oh, that's not that bad" like it was a deal or something, I was so livid.

Then, she showed up at a friend's black-and-white formal dress party wearing a slutty maid's uniform 'cause she wanted to stand out and have everybody stare at her instead. Her dad asked her how she'd feel if someone showed up at her birthday like that and she admitted she'd be pissed off.

"That's not the point. I was to stand out. This is my decision. I want people to look at me," she said.

I swear to God, this should be an example of when it's perfectly okay to punch someone in the goddamned face. Just break her nose and give her two black eyes and take that curling iron and burn her face right off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory