Monday, July 03, 2006

Superman Returns



The thing about this movie is that it's very long. And the last thought you want to have just as the opening credits start is this:

I think I might need to pee.

Not, "I want to pee." It's "I think I might need to pee."

The next last thing you want to do is to climb over people and stumble out of the darkened theatre, making a mad dash to the washroom only to discover you don't really need to pee and then run back only to find you've missed a good 15 minutes.

Not that the movie was overly complicated and required a lot of thinking or anything like that.

No.

Scratch that.

Does anybody want to explain how somebody as skinny as Kate Bosworth was able to singlehandedly snatch at the Man of Steel's cape and save him?

Speaking of Kate Bosworth --- love the dark hair. It makes her look so much more classier, you know? I kind of wondered if, whilst filming with Brandon Routh or even James Marsden, she ever thought that a manlier man would be nice for a change...'casue Orlando? He ain't manly.

He's cute and all, but he kind of looks dirty, too. Dirty in the strictest sense of the word i.e. he doesn't look like he bathes all that often. Just a general impression that I get. Don't know why. It's probably, most definitely untrue.

And how come nobody can tell that Clark Kent is really Superman?

Maybe if I put on my glasses, I'll be able to singlehandedly fool the world into thinking I'm somebody else, too.

Now wouldn't that be nice?

And seeing James Marsden, I kept expecting him to bust out in his X-Men garb. I was afraid they'd kill him off, which would have been a shame, considering he was pretty damn heroic given that he didn't have any superpowers of his own. Still...there was something noble and decent and good about him. But that's how he always comes across, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory