Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Hate Job Searching

Ugh.

Right now, I can't think of anything more heinous than looking for a job.

A day after the captain of our slave galley ship announced that he was sticking several kilos of dynamite right in the hull of our boat and was about to blow all of us up, I was out with my sister. I was barely listening to a word she was saying. When she finished talking, I said, "I think I've lost the will to live."

Why go for rational thinking when irrational thinking comes so easily?

So, along the lines of urban legend-speak, a friend of a friend quit his job in May, thinking he had the wherewithall to do better things and find a better job. He even wrote a really eloquent "fuck you" letter that he emailed to the whole company when he left. It was actually pretty inspiring.

He's still unemployed.

This is an example of fasting when people out there are starving.

Anybody with the following capabilities can do most of the jobs advertised:

1. The ability to read.
2. The ability to speak.
3. The ability to follow instructions.

I have a friend who's trying to get into HR. Maybe it's just how I feel now, being on the outside, banging on the gates, begging to be let in, but some of those HR people are such goddamned motherfuckers.

Seriously.

And no, I'm not saying that from a place of intense bitterness. Me? Bitter? No. That's just fact.

It feels like Toronto's the only place where it's impossible to get a job. Seriously. You hear from a friend of a friend that it's easy to get jobs in Calgary, New York, everywhere-but-Toronto.

*le sigh*

Sometimes, it feels like bitterness is running through my veins instead of blood.

There I go again.

It's like what Roxy said in Dead Like Me:

You know what your problem is? You wake up every morning wondering what the world's gonna do for you, wondering who's gonna bend over backwards, kiss your ass and make you happy when you should just thank God for another day and leave it the fuck at that.

So here's to leaving it "the fuck at that."

God, whining can be so tiring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Toronto's not the only place it's impossible!

Fuck that, though, I put a lot of time & energy into the world it *should* owe me something by now, shouldn't it? Okay, maybe not... I like that little quotation but I'm still gonna sit here waiting for someone to bend over backwards and make me happy, damnit.

Work is for suckers, obviously.

7/21/2006 06:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory