Monday, July 17, 2006

1/3 Of Your Time

So I guess this is a bit of a "friend of a friend" blurb...though, neither are friends and in all likelihood, we never will be. That's the thing about famous people, though. Ordinary folks like us don't have a hope in hell of ever mingling with them --- unless, you know, stalking is something you're into.

Took a gander over at Zach Braff's new home for his blog. Tres chic, if I do say so myself. But who really gives a shit about my take on stuff like that, anyway?

In one post, he says he was interviewing Kevin Smith, who claims he spends about 1/3 of his life online...which is a lot of time. I mean, first instinct would almost be to thumb your nose and act like some smug, superior person, but the reality is, if you take the time to write a blog or read a blog, you probably spend close to 1/3 of your life online. There's no sense in denying it.

What did we all do before the Internet was created, anyway?

Seriously.

On the Sunday Times Magazine this weekend, they had a piece about how we have fewer close friends than ever before --- despite the proliferation of sites like Friendster and MySpace and Facebook, which according to my sister, is exactly the same thing as Friendster.

One of my sisters has forbidden me from taking down my Friendster account 'cause she wants to keep her high number of "friends" intact.

You want to know how many "friends" I've got on Friendster? Maybe 9 --- and that's mostly because most of my close friends are so Internet-impaired that they wouldn't even know how to find their way to Friendster unless someone was sitting beside them, holding their hand through the whole ordeal. So, yeah...my "friends" on Friendster aren't really friends in the traditional sense of the word. They're more like acquaintances who are under the illusion that we're friends just because we've made that initial, pathetic attempt at staying in contact by adding each other to our lists.

You can keep a blog of Friendster, but I always figured that defeated the purpose of a blog...which is to write to your anonymous heart's content under the guise of a username.

But maybe that's just me.

In other unimportant areas...

The AC at work sucks. I think it has more to do with the floor we're on, though...the whole theory of heat rising, you know. I mean, I wouldn't categorize this temperature in here as being "hell-ish" at this point, but I do think that I'm stuck in the worst corner...it feels muggy. So, you walk in from the hot, humid weather outside and then get into an elevator that takes you to a hot, airless office.

Two workplaces before this, I sat under the doorway into Antarctica.

There's no happy medium, is there?

Normally, I'd be off at this point, but I'm meeting a friend for dinner, so that means killing time before she gets off work. I had toyed with the idea of walking from here to there, but I'll probably drown in my own pool of sweat if I did such a thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory