Monday, July 24, 2006

Pride Goeth Before The Fall

So, I'm sitting here, at work, combing through job ads and it's like, I want to kill myself. Okay, no, not really. Maybe it's just 'cause it's Monday and all the ads are the same as from, like, last Monday. Or maybe that's just how it seems. And all I can really think about is how job-searching just sucks ass.

I actually found myself looking at jobs I'm completely overqualified for...which is how low I've sunk.

I really hate HR people right now. I hate them with a passion.

You know what I really hate? It's when three of them decided to intimidate you and take you into a boardroom --- and sometimes, it's not even all that impressive-looking, and you're thinking, "I used to work in a fancy office and now I'm here, trying to kiss ass to get a job in this dump?" --- and there's these three women, all dressed badly, you know? Like the stuff that rapidly aging women from the 'burbs would wear while they power trip all over themselves, acting like they're fucking Donald Trump or something.

God, I wish I could be like the mother on that show, "Everybody Hates Chris."

"I don't need this! My man's got two jobs."

Except, I've got no man and I'd sooner slit my own throat than financially depend on anybody else. Unless the man was in a wheelchair and really, really old and about to die. Hell, that'd be money well-earned.

Job-wise, the only thing I'm picky about is that it can't be in the same office building as the most recent ex. I don't care how much the job offers. I've turned down a job offer before because it was in the same building as another company I used to work for. I decided I'd sooner stab myself than face the prospect of accidentally getting into the same elevator as my old boss.

Yeah, I suppose that's pretty fucked up, but you know me and my pride.

Actually, maybe you don't. I mean, you don't really know me.

Okay, so, for the record, I've got too much pride. It's one of my worst flaws. I don't think it's something I can change, either. Just the thought of having to bump into somebody that I've decided is "dead to me" makes me sick.

In case you couldn't already tell, I have major issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory