Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Never before. Never.

In six months at work here, I've had to walk down from the 16th floor three times. (Twice in one day.) And today's alarm didn't sound like the lazy beep...beep...beep...it was more like frantic clanging, which probably meant there really was a fire. And the shit thing about being on the sixteenth floor is how everybody clogs up the stairwell with each floor you pass.

Just three storeys from the lobby, security comes on across the PA to sheepishly admit that it was a false alarm.

People were pissed.

Onto other wonderful shittiness in the working world...I got this call from a recruiter. Sigh of relief, right? Wipe the sweat off that's been accumulating at your brow.

Uh, yeah...

The recruiter saw my resume and noticed that I'd put down that the company was dissolving. Any chance I knew of any business analysts that I might want to refer?

Okay, so that was like major BS that quickly soured my mood. But get this...she tells me that there are a couple of people she's already been in touch with so I don't need to talk to them...and guess who's on the list? The AVP.

Of course, being the blabbermouth that I am, I can't get off the phone soon enough so I can go spreading the panic. At this rate, we'll be getting our notices next week.

FUCK!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory