Monday, March 06, 2006

The Year Of Yes

There was an article about this book in the paper a few weeks back:



Basically, Maria Dhavana Headley said yes to every man who asked her out for one year --- well, within reason. She figured that maybe she was being too critical.

It got me thinking...maybe I should do the same thing starting now. I'll say yes to every man who asks me out. Maybe it's time I stopped being such a snob. And besides, at the very least, I can get a good story out of it, right?

I think the other reason why I decided that this might be a fun and interesting experiment is because, when I was on the phone today with a guy from the Vancouver marketing department, I actually found myself thinking, "Oh my God, he sounds cute."

WTF? I mean, does this not prove that I need to get myself a life if I'm sitting around thinking that a complete stranger sounds sexy?

I guess this also proves that I don't really want to be in a relationship with the guy I've been seeing. I really want us to be "just friends." I wonder how he'll feel about that? Maybe he'll tell me to fuck off for wasting his time.

I'm putting this on hold at the library --- I mean, sure, I could go and buy a copy but I went out and bought a jacket to match the bag that I didn't really need. And as much as it pains me to say this, I think my mother's actually right; I'm in serious danger of becoming a shopaholic and this will soon become my biography:



I swear to God, the white coat was beckoning me from the display window. And as soon as I put it on and together with the salesgirl, admired the way I looked in the mirror, I knew I had to go home with this jacket.

I'd joked about this on the weekend to my friends --- that these purchases seemed to fill an empty place in my heart...the place where Ass Face used to reside. Who knew that Ass Face could be so easily replaced by a bag and a coat?

But you know what? I'm beginning to realize that maybe my spending is getting a little out-of-control and that the temporary thrill that it brings me isn't really enough to mask the sheer horror of opening up my credit card bill at the end of the month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory