Saturday, February 25, 2006

After Awhile

Sister 3 clearly didn’t believe me when I said I thought I was actually over Ass Face.

She thought it was a mistake responding to his email, but the weird thing is, when he replied late this afternoon, I was actually okay. Actually, something he wrote made me realize, “I don’t want to be with him anymore. I only wanted to be with him because I was becoming a desperate hoe.”

Every now and then, you have desperate hoe moments. It’s the whole biological clock ticking, I think. You lose sight of what’s important and you actually lose a sense of who you really are and all the cool things that make you uniquely you.

But fuck that shit.

I’m reclaiming me.


Poem For The Day:

After Awhile

After awhile you learn the subtle differences
Between holding a hand or chaining a soul
After Awhile you learn that love doesn’t mean forever and company doesn’t mean security
After Awhile you begin to learn that kisses aren’t promises and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up
After Awhile your eyes are ahead fixed on the prize a woman’s confidence, not the grief of a child
After Awhile you learn to build your roads on
today for tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain
After Awhile your plans for the future
Have a way of falling in mid-flight
After awhile you learn that even sunshine burns
If you get too much
After Awhile you plant your own garden
And decorate your own soul
Instead on waiting on someone to bring you flowers
You learn that you can endure
That you really are strong enough
After Awhile you learn that you do have value
With every goodbye…
After Awhile…You Learn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory