Saturday, February 18, 2006

Snapshots From An Uneventful Saturday

When I checked out the books I had on hold, the teenaged Chinese guy mentioned the library was doing a fundraiser and would I like to donate $2?

I was ready to say "No thanks" but I found myself shrugging and saying, "Why not?" which seemed to surprise him.

"I guess most people say no, huh?" I asked him.

He smiled and said a lot of them made excuses but the money was going towards buying more books and DVDs.

He gave me a card of coupons and a bookmark and said I could write my name on a placard and it would be pasted on the wall with the other donors.

So, I did.

I'm such a philanthropist.
*
Oh my God.

Mom told me I had to cook, which was no big deal, 'cause I hadn't done it in awhile and I felt a little like Giada De Laurentiis, chopping up shallots and garlic and cooking it in butter and chicken stock with tomatoes. But then, when I was ready to lay out the fish, I saw the friggin tail moving. Like a slow flip-flop even though I'd just cut slits into the side.

I was so FREAKED!

I yelled to mom, "It's alive! It's still alive."

And of course, she didn't believe me. She came over and we stared at the fish, waving its tail at us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory