Thursday, February 02, 2006

Maybe We Like The Pain

So, here's a quandry:do you pursue a relationship with someone you know you could have the sort of steady, solid relationship that most successful marriages evolve into or do you take a risk and see what may or may not happen with the person you're irrationally, passionately, madly in love with --- in spite of all the hurt and pain?

Stupid question, huh?
*
What is it about love that turns even the sanest person into an idiotic fool?

A friend called me at work to see how I was doing. "What is it about that one person you fall in love with who screws you up so completely that you're willing to overlook...everything?"It had me wondering, indeed.

Melodramatic moments aside, I think I've reached that plateau where I'm starting to feel okay again.

But then, I have my moments of insanity and wonder, "What the fuck is wrong with me? Am I a glutton for punishment or what?"

And a small part of me wonders why I can't be irrational and insanely stupid?
*
Grey's quote for the day:
Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory