Wednesday, February 08, 2006

You Don't Know Me

And anyone can tell,
You think you know me well,
But you don't know me.

No, you don't know the one
Who dreams of you at night
Who longs to kiss your lips

Oh I am just a friend
That's all I've ever been
'Cause you don't know me

My heart aches with love for you
Afraid and shy
I let my chance go by
The chance that you might love me, too
- You Don't Know Me

One of the things I loved best about watching was the philosophical ramblings of John Corbett's DJ Chris Stevens.

I even used to copy down the stuff he'd say.



Tonight? There's one thing that he said in particular that kind of goes with how I'm feeling:

"...here's music to go with that special moment in life: when you just want to crawl into a hole, shrivel up and die. Why? Because, sometimes, you've gotta just lie down with your pain. Like Carl Jung says, 'There's no coming into consciousness without pain.' Let's get conscious."

My music to go with this special moment in life when you're way past being and you're kind of dull to all emotion? A whole selection of songs from "My Best Friend's Wedding".



The song, "Always You" by Sophie Zelmani, especially, hits right at the heart.

And the sad thing is that in spite of your head accepting the truth of the matter, of fully understanding the way things are playing out, your heart always feels differently.

You still hope...you still hope that you're wrong and that you'll be proven wrong...that the kind of love you want and deserve, will prevail in the end...that the one you want will want you back.

Doesn't happen that way in real life, does it?

Time has a way of making things hurt less...making the days pass...making you move on whether you want to or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory