Thursday, February 02, 2006

I Know

My mama said to stay away from guys like you
She said they were nasty
Made me do things I don't want to do!
Stay away from bad boys
They've got one thing on their mind
They're hormonal rages
And they want it all the time...
- Save Ferris, "I Know"

So, I asked someone to compile a list of songs with an "I'll Survive" theme because I have a shitload of songs now that only serve to remind me of a certain someone that I'm better off never thinking about again.

But like the song "I Know" says...I just can't let you go.

Chalk it up to a moment of insanity, which I will no doubt look back on with a certain degree of fondness in years to come. Just not right now.

So, I've downloaded "I Know" by Save Ferris and I'm not listening to Aretha Franklin crooning, "Mr. Big Stuff". I love this kind of music. It really does make me feel like I will survive.

I mean, naturally, I know that I will. I think I just like wallowing in misery right now.

You know...a huge part of me realizes that I have no right to expect anything from the guy. What are we to each other? We're nothing.

I guess that's the problem. I don't want to be "nothing." I want to be someone to this guy. I want to be "the one."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory