Monday, February 20, 2006

Hanging On


























I feel like House.I really felt for him in tonight's episode 'cause his leg was bothering him to the point that he was asking his boss to give him a shot of morphine to his spine. Hugh Laurie does pain so well. God, I knew how his leg was feeling. My right knee's always felt slightly twisted up. I rub it a lot and today, I applied direct heat to it, but it still throbs a little. I feel like I should go around with a cane or something. It probably didn't help that there were two fucking fire alarms at work today and I had to walk down 16 flights of stairs...twice. Holy shit.

The Best Friend in California asked in an e-mail today about the guy I was seeing. She asked me if I was interested in him for the sake of being interested in someone ‘cause there was no one else around at this point.

She wrote, “The worst mistake we can make is to date guys that we click with, have fun with, like, but we're not madly in love with. I want that pull, that I can't live without you fire. I also want that I'm so comfortable around you pull too. What will become of us, Jo? Will we find love?”

It just made me think about today’s Quote of the Day:

“Sometimes, when you hold out for everything, you walk away with nothing.” – Ally McBeal

Trust me. It’s not like I haven’t been running this through my head non-stop lately, either.

It makes me think about what I read in Anne Tyler’s “A Patchwork Planet”:

“I know couples who’d been married almost forever --- 40, 50, 60 years. 72 in one case. They’d be tending each other’s illnesses, filling in each other’s faulty memories, dealing with the money troubles or the daughter’s suicide or the grandson’s drug addiction. And I was beginning to suspect that it made no difference whether they’d married the right person. Finally, you’re just with who you’re with. You’ve signed on with her, put in half a century with her, grown to know her as well as you know yourself, or even better, and she’s become the right person. Or the only person, might be more the point. I wish someone had told me that earlier. I’d have hung on then; I swear I would.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory