Saturday, September 23, 2006

This week on My Name Is Earl:



Joy: What do you hate more, flies or mosquitoes?
Earl: Why?
Joy: Just making conversation. Damn! Never mind.
Earl: Mosquitoes.
Joy: Me too. You know, they say, mosquitoes in Africa could kill people. Imagine the size those things gotta be?
Earl: Pretty big.

See, that's the thing. I'm the kind of person who'll actually ask a question like Joy's --- when I'm trying to make conversation with someone who's got the social graces of a door knob. (I wouldn't say something stupid about the size of the mosquitos, though...or would I?)

It's weird 'cause, on the whole, I don't really have any problems conversing with people --- even complete strangers. I like trying to read them and then figuring them out. But sometimes, every now and again, you'll meet someone who's so inept and so bad at making conversation that you almost feel like you're hitting this wall and your mind becomes a complete blank.

I wonder if it's me or if it's them.

I prefer to think it's them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory