Sunday, September 10, 2006

Started writing up my travel journal for the last trip today. Usually, I jump right on that kind of project as soon as I get back. But I guess it was the whole combination of starting a new job right away and being lazy --- probably more the latter than anything else.

I thought I'd just upload the pictures first and then write around them...and at first, it just seemed really boring --- the writing, that is. Hell. Writing this now seems really boring. For me, that is. I kinda don't care if it seems boring to anybody else, 'cause it's my journal and I'm writing this mostly for me.

The problem with writing for an audience is that you start censoring yourself. And that's not the point of a journal, is it? I mean, if you lead a boring life, then you lead a boring life. Don't apologize for it. If you're self-absorbed and like writing about your problems down to the very last detail, then do it. Who gives a shit what anybody else thinks?

That was the main reason I migrated away from Livejournal --- in case any of the Livejournallers tuning in are curious as to why I suddenly stopped writing in there. But then again, I've written about that before, right?

Sometimes, I get the vague sense that maybe I'm just repeating myself.

You know what I like about meeting new people? They haven't heard all of your stories before. Everything becomes interesting and funny again.

I don't know why, but I started wondering if maybe that was it, though. Like, maybe there weren't any more interesting stories left in store. You'd think my life was about to end or something.

So, anyway...tomorrow's 9/11. Duh. I guess there'll be scores of posts about people just thinking back to where they were and what they were doing when it happened.

My cousin got married on September 11, two years ago.

I just thought it was so wrong at the time. Lucky day in a Chinese calendar aside. Don't know why, but I always suspected that he was gay and that he was just marrying 'cause his boss made some comment about how he was at that right age to start thinking about putting down roots and getting married.

He just never seemed...I don't know...in love, I guess?

But you know what I've started to see? Maybe not everyone gets that head over heels in love story. Maybe some of us wake up and start to realize that there's more to that phrase "settling down" than you'd think.

I don't know.

I'd turned the televison on to check the weather when the newscaster broke in with the live feed of the Twin Towers. I saw the second plane go into the tower as it was happening in real time.

That's what I was doing on 9/11 five years ago.

That's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory