Thursday, August 17, 2006

You know you've really, truly given up on dating and finding "the one" when you stop shaving your legs.

Was sitting out in the sun in a courtyard in the afternoon with N. I kept smoothing my hands down over my skirt and complaining about the static cling.

"My mother tried to convince me that panty hose would insulate from the cold," I told her. "But it just makes the skirt bunch up and cling."

"Why don't you just take it off?"

"Because I haven't shaved my legs in a couple of weeks and it's growing back in weird patches. I just figure nobody's gonna be looking at them anymore, so who gives a shit? I figure I'll have enough hair soon to make it look like I've got pants on."

This cracked her up.

"No, I'm serious. First, I stopped shaving the top part, and then, the knees, 'cause, I don't know, it just seemed harder to shave around...so I figure I'll have what looks like a furry pelt in a couple of months. It'll look like fur pants!" I said.

She mentioned one of her friends started doing that, too --- just didn't bother shaving the parts that nobody could see, 'cause she figured it didn't matter anymore. "The One" wasn't going to show up anytime soon --- maybe never.

While we were talking, this bald guy in a tight black tee stopped near us and lit a cigarette.

"He looks creepy," I told N.

She agreed.

I guess he thought I was checking him out or something 'cause he looked right at me, smiled and winked.

N cackled. "Oh my God. Did he just wink at you?"

"I feel like I need to take a shower and use a brilo pad to scour away the ickiness," I told her.

As he walked away, he turned to see if we were checking him out. I refused to even turn my head, because I can be a cold snob like that.

But anyways, T told me that ABC has the unaired episodes of "How To Get The Guy" on their web site. I don't think anybody really watched that show. I guess some of us single girls would find some sort of interest in it, though --- I mean, we wouldn't admit it to anybody, but when you start to get older and everybody else around you seems to be settling down and getting married and you're still looking and looking and not really meeting anyone, you maybe start to think, "Is it me?" and any bit of help starts to look mighty good.

Me, I'm a reality TV whore, and will watch pretty much anything that's on TV, so I didn't really care. Why do you think I was so in love with So You Think You Can Dance? and Big Brother: All Stars?

I kind of wondered what happened between Kris and that guy she hooked up with...mainly because he looked like a certain asshole that I used to date --- the man who caused me to swear off all men and in Renee Zellwegger fashion said, "Down with love!"

Sometimes, I still think about him. And like that Joan Jett song goes, I can't help but think, "I hate myself for loving you."

*sigh*

I always say this, but I'd love it if I could have an on and off switch for my feelings.

C'est tout.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pandax said...

Unaired episodes available? Really? I have to admit I'm curious... I'm going to check after I post this.

As for shaving legs... this is something no one explained to me as a teenager. My mom has barely any leg hair so she never bothered. I still don't shave regularly, though I'm more self-conscious about it than even a few years ago. I'm not incredibly hairy, but it is noticeable. I can only wonder if it grossed out all my ex's. If I had more men reading my blog, it'd make for a good discussion.

8/18/2006 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Anna May Won't said...

my legs, at least the bottom halves, are hairy for an asian girl's so i shave even when i'm single.

plus it's good to shave even in the wintertime because it exfoliates the dead skin.

8/18/2006 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory