Monday, August 14, 2006

So, the supervisor sent out the email.

"I am pleased to announce that _________ has accepted a position with ________________ . Her lasst day with us will be Friday Aug 18th.

___________ joined us last December and has been a valuable team player. __________ has performed her duties with enthusiasm and dedication, exemplifying professionalism with her dealings with clients both internal and externally.

Please join me in thanking _________ for her valuable contribution and support to _________ and wishing her all the best in her new job."

Um...yeah.

I totally forgot to request they keep this mum until I actually left. If I had my way, I would have just got up and left, never to return. No explaination, nothing. But I guess that wouldn't have been professional. And the thing is, I didn't hate this place. I liked it --- a lot. I enjoyed the work, the people, the work environment.

I guess I'm just not good at saying good-bye.

(Hence, I would rather take the coward's way out and simply not call a guy back and let him assume I dropped off the face of the earth than tell him, "Look, I'm just not that into you.")

So, anyway, at The Best Friend's birthday, which turned out to be really low-key, met up with M again --- we all went to high school together, but he was always better friends with The Best Friend than me. And I couldn't help thinking that there might be something between him and the Best Friend, despite the fact that they're both in long-distance relationships right now with other people. I don't know. I guess it was more in the way they looked at each other when they didn't realize that other people were watching.

I think they'd be really good together, too.

Also thought The Best Friend's cousin would be really good with Sister 3, who's currently in a relationship with a guy I don't particularly like.

What makes one person like another, anyway? I guess she'd just throw the whole, "You don't know him like I do" argument in my face, but I go by my gut instinct and if I don't like you from the start, there's very little chance of changing my mind. I mean, at this point, he'll need to donate a kidney if he ever hopes to change my mind. But that's the thing...I don't think he gives a shit.

Sister 4 and I are on the same page about this, but Sister 2 occassionally sticks up for Sister 3's choice. Strange, considering she decided to dislike her previous boyfriend "just because".

At least I have a list of reasons why I hate the guy.

And no, I don't think "hate" is too strong a word.

But anyway, M was doing a mental numbers crunch when we were discussing investing and saving and money --- something I've never really been comfortable discussing because I don't think that's really anybody's business. But when he made a guess at how much I actually had, I could feel Shopaholic Girl's eyes turn to me like I was a complete stranger.

I just shrugged and said, "I like to shop, but I don't buy things I don't need. I can do without."

Suddenly, me constantly saying, "You can't take it with you when you're dead" sort of made sense, I guess.

Anyways...I'm not even going to bother to pretend I have stuff to do this week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory