Monday, August 07, 2006

Yeah, so the reason for this sign:

Zoo 027
Originally uploaded by Anonymous Writer.


is because some idiot probably dunked his head into the waterfall and drank from it.


Zoo 028
Originally uploaded by Anonymous Writer.


Spent the morning at the zoo, and when I got there, it was almost like I had the whole place to myself. And you know what? That's when you don't mind it --- being alone, that is. Not that anybody's gonna go around and, like, stone you for being single --- not that anybody really gives a shit, you know? Hence, the single status?

I think one of the hardest things to do, once you've decided, "Hey, I've had enough. I'm going to quit looking and accept being single" is learning to do things on your own...'cause that's one of the bonuses of being in a relationship...having someone there to do things with. It doesn't feel so much like You Vs. World.

But I guess it's that first step...whether it's going to see a movie on your own or being seated at a table for one at a restaurant...that seems so hard, 'cause maybe in the back of your head, you think, "What'll people think?"

It takes awhile to realize that it doesn't matter; it's irrelevant. If you see yourself as some loser who never found somebody to love them, then that's the way the rest of the world's going to see you, too.

But, anyway...

I could have sworn this polar bear was actually feeling kind of lonely or something. I was in the underground viewing area and there wasn't anybody else around and this bear just kept flipping around to peer right back at me through the window.


Zoo 053
Originally uploaded by Anonymous Writer.



Zoo 068
Originally uploaded by Anonymous Writer.

So, yeah, at first, I'm looking at these snakes on the branch, all coiled up and I'm thinking, "That doesn't even look real. They look like they're made out of plastic...or something."

I love the area where all the butterflies are.


Zoo 089
Originally uploaded by Anonymous Writer.


Zoo 091
Originally uploaded by Anonymous Writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory