Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'm feeling really anti social today.

I'm supposed to go to the Best Friend's birthday tonight and I'd rather just, I don't know...sit at home and stare at the walls, I guess. I'm not really in a partying mood. Over the last couple of years, every birthday and holiday just makes me feel really depressed. It's just that time of year where you take stock of everything that's happened and where you're at in your life.

If there's anything I've learned, it's that too much examination of your life just leads you nowhere.

You've gotta take it one day at a time --- like a recovering alcoholic.

Anyways, The Best Friend's got this friend that I hate. B The Bitch --- that's what I call her behind her back. We met at a previous birthday thing for The Best Friend, and because it was a surprise, we had to arrive early. Tried making small talk with B The Bitch, but it was like she had a stick up her ass or something. She looked at me and then just walked away.

It was kind of embarrassing.

Even if I don't really like somebody, I'm not going to make an ass of myself and show them. (Well, unless I've decided, "She's dead to me". That's a different story. Me saying "_______ is dead to me" pretty much means that the person better be giving me a kidney or something to make me ever acknowledge them again. And really, the only person on that list right now is my aunt.)

I think I've just got one of those faces, you know? Like, people either like me or they hate me.

Anyways...I got a job offer yesterday for that job I thought I'd tanked on in both the interview and the stupid math test they gave me.

I felt relief more than anything else. A job's just a job. I've always been able to adapt quickly and I'm smart enough to realize that there's really no dream job for me out there --- unless someone's willing to pay me to sit at home and watch TV all day. Or to taste candy. Either one would be okay.

The thing is, sometimes, I get the sense that other people's good news isn't really good news at all. The general consensus at work was, "I wish it was me who found a job first." It's like, they want to be happy for you, but they'd rather it was them...which is understandable. And I guess what's maddening is that I don't really give a rat's ass about the job. I mean, it'll be something new to learn and the pay's not too bad. At the end of the day, as long as I get a steady flow of money coming in every couple of weeks, I can't really complain.

But instead of being able to just be relieved about all of this, I sort of felt like maybe I would have been better off just leaving without telling anyone. Just get up and leave. They would have caught on eventually.

In a moment of weakness, I contributed to the lotto pool yesterday. The jackpot's $42 million this week. As Morrissey would say, "Please, please, please let me get what I want I want...Lord knows it would be the first time."

Yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

If I was really stinking rich, you know what I'd like to do right now? Fly a hot air balloon somewhere. I remember when I was a kid, I used to watch The Chipmunks and they had this movie: The Chipmunk Movie. Alvin, Simon and Theodore were racing against the Chipettes (holy shit, I've forgotten their names...Jeannette was the brainy one, Eleanor was the chubby one, and the mouthy one was...Bridget? Brittney?) around the world in hot air balloons.

Is it weird that I actually remember the plot to this stupid movie? We used to have the tape. My kid sister would watch it every single damn day and sing along.

Yeah, so what I'd really like to do right now is to hop into a hot air balloon and race around the world...but that'd mean racing against somebody. Better give it more thought.

*sigh*

Shopaholic Girl called and was like, "Geez. I don't want to get there too early. What are we going to do?"

She wouldn't say it, but I think she doesn't like B The Bitch, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory