Thursday, August 10, 2006

Seriously, why don't I have an "off" button?

I just talk and talk and talk like a real asshole.

I have no idea why I told The Snitch that I had a job interview. No, seriously, why'd I do that? Though...on the other hand, what does it matter? We're all looking to jump ship --- we're like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Head Office can spout all the "we're a team to the end" talk all they want and about how we should uphold the standards and service that our company is known for, but when it comes down to it, we all still need to eat, pay our bills and buy stuff. Getting a regular pay check is essential to survival.

As Dr. Will said, "They say money can't buy happiness. But money can buy stuff. And I love stuff."

God. I can't believe I just quoted from a reality show. Somebody should just club me over the head right now.

Yeah, so I guess my main issue right now is, "What if I jinxed it?"

Funny how you automatically start thinking about stupid stuff like that when you're stressed out and uber-paranoid...'cause you know me, I always jump to the worst case scenario. The second the president of the company said, "Unfortunately...", I automatically pictured myself wearing rags and sitting on a street corner, panhandling for money.

Ugh.

It's cold in the office again. And I'm feeling jittery. Must be a combo of the coffee and the Arctic wind tunnel being channelled directly into my cubicle.

I can hear a bunch of women in the manager's office, laughing.

Why are they laughing? It's so annoying.

Anyways, back to the Snitch. I think everybody developed a serious hatred for her ever since we suspected she was the one who was keeping tabs of people's comings and goings and reporting who wasn't chained to their desks for most of the 7.5 hours of the day.

See how easily we moved to lynch mob mode? We didn't even need confirmation.

Anyways, I've never really liked talking to her, 'cause she's so...disconcerting. She's not someone who's easy to talk to. Give me enough silences and I'll feel the insane need to fill them, saying stupid things I shouldn't be saying. Yeah...give me enough rope and I'd probably hang myself, as the saying goes.

Who knows? Maybe I'm just jealous of her ability to keep her mouth shut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory