Sunday, August 27, 2006

You know, with a digital camera, it's not like you can't see the pictures right away --- so, I don't really know why I was sitting there at the computer, downloading the pictures and feeling this vague sense of disappointment that they all looked like crap.

I say "vague" 'cause a part of me just didn't care.

On Day 3, the memory card suddenly started reading, "Memory Card Error" and it looked like more than half of the pictures were just gone. Ah well. What the fuck can you do, right?

Usually, one of the things I like doing when I get home is writing up a travel journal, but even now, I'm just feeling sort of exhausted by everything. And it's not like I crossed time zones or anything and I have jet lag.

I don't tend to go on vacations to relax. I try to cram in too much, getting up way too early and heading off to bed way too late.

Saw CF early yesterday morning --- he didn't see me. I watched him for a bit --- but not in some creepy stalker-like way. It was weird, 'cause I didn't think I'd see him again. A few years back, he was playing in a band with some guys from Toronto. The band broke up, but he decided to stay in the sunny Caribbean and just form a new band.

He was still really, really cute --- which I guess makes me sound like some kid in high school, but you know...whatever.

The Best Friend dragged me out shoe shopping today. Felt a little stab of, "Oh good God, what the fuck am I doing buying another pair of shoes when my credit card bill's already causing me chest pains?" But, you know, when you're shoe shopping with your best friend, it's kind of hard to just say no.

She said, "I want to get married, but I don't want to date anymore. You know what I mean?"

I was, like, "Wouldn't it be great if everybody had arranged marriages and then nobody had to worry about dating endlessly, trying to find the right person to settle down with?"

We decided that life would be 100 times easier if that was the case --- 'cause then you'd be resigned to whoever you wound up with.

I told her about how there were all these newlyweds everywhere and it just kind of dragged you down, 'cause it made you wish they'd just stay in their rooms where they could fuck like rabbits and just stay out of eyesight.

Not that I spent all of my vacation just obsessing about this kind of thing.

Met some people along the way --- two of them were these frat guy-types, though they were well into their late twenties, from South Beach. Had dinner with them one night and the one with the dark hair and cocky swagger was like, "So, what's up with Canadians and how they're always going, 'eh?' and saying 'aboot' and 'howse'?"

I wanted to roll my eyes --- actually, I think I did. But then, I was talking and said, "I know, it's stupid, eh?", not really intending to say it. It just slipped out, eh?

Dark haired guy really had no qualms about asking all these personal questions.

"So, how old are you, anyway?"

"What the fuck do you care?"

Okay, no. I didn't say that. That's what I was thinking, though. I sort of narrowed my eyes suspiciously and asked, "Why? How old do you think I look?"

His friend was cuter, though. And more polite. All the girls were all over him. Especially this group from New York. Meow.

My thinking about vacations and flings? What's the point? Most of the time, I was thinking, "Oh, what's the point of all of this? It's so tired. I'm never going to see you again, anyway."

Before we left, my mother was getting on my nerves, but I told Sister 3, "Just be nice to her, okay? We might wind up being hijacked by a terrorist and then dying on the plane."

I mean, there's always that possibility, you know?

She complains I'm too morbid.

Tomorrow is Day One at the new job. Don't know how I really feel about that. I'm not nervous or anything...we'll see how it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna May Won't said...

don't know if this will make you feel better, but your writing cracks me up. darkly funny.

8/28/2006 09:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory