Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Day Two

I have blisters on both feet --- which I realize sounds really, totally, incredibly gross. They're courtesy of the new shoes, which I love, love, love. And the way I see it, they're only toes, right? I mean, what real purpose do toes have?

Okay. I'm obviously half-delirious from the pain of my aching feet and recovering from my cough.

I'm still telling people at work that I'm jet lagged, which is such a crock of shit, 'cause it's not like I was coming all the way back from friggin' Australia or something. But the cough is sounding really gross --- mostly because I try to hold it in and that just makes me feel like I've got a ticking time bomb inside my chest and it makes me explode, coughing like I'm choking.

I'm sure it just grosses the hell out of everybody.

But I don't really care.

I haven't really found out much about what I'll be doing to really give a definitive answer of whether I like my new job or not. Everybody's "nice" though. Again. The nice description is trotted out and really, "nice" says absolutely nothing. It's how you describe somebody who's really boring.

Speaking of boring, there's this one woman --- The Beanpole --- who is so painfully shy and quiet that it pisses. me. off!!! She actually reminds me of my youngest sister, but I tolerate it in my youngest sister, 'cause, well, she's family. That's not to say there aren't moments where we're at a party or something and she'll be sitting there, totally mute and I'll just want to...I don't know. Smash a plate over her head or something.

Anyways, The Beanpole is probably either my age or a little bit older. She wears these plain shirts paired with black trousers...and...wait for it...sneakers. Oh, man. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate that.

She walks everywhere clutching her bag like she thinks one of us is going to mug her and when you talk to her, you can barely hear a word she's saying 'cause she's whispering, like it's painful for her to speak.

Man, I hate that.

The problem with a place where everybody's really "nice" is that it's kind of boring.

But who knows? Maybe boring can be good for now.

The guy who did the training today looked like Kerr Smith from Dawson's Creek. He was real easy on the eyes, but I still managed to close them, anyway. I don't get why I'm so sleepy. I've actually been turning in really early the last couple of days.

Speaking of which, I'll probably turn in soon...

Oh...got an email from a guy I used to work with when I was a summer student a few years back. He was my supervisor and for some weird reason, we just got along really well. Ah, who the hell am I kidding? I had a huge crush on him, but he was married and he seemed to think I was this hilarious kid.

I don't get why people think I'm so funny. Half the time, I'm thinking, "Why are you laughing? I was serious."

What can I say? I have a way with emails. They're entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory