Friday, December 22, 2006

I have this awful crick in my neck.

I remember waking up a few years ago with a stiff neck --- I could barely move. Turning made me scream in pain.

So, here I am at work.

It's a half day today.

The HR here is so fucked up.

They don't normally do half days --- managers will encourage you to make up that time because apparently, it makes life difficult for HR to adjust our pay in that case. Either take a whole day off, or make up the time.

I don't know how this is really my problem if it causes a headache for HR.

But whatever.

They're giving us a half day next Friday, too.

I always feel like the week before Christmas drags on and on. And it's not really like I'm riddled with excitement and anticipation. The only day I look forward to is January 1. Wipe the slate clean, get a new year to do better.

I'm listening to the second part of "Rice Bowl Tales" --- they're featuring Thailand in this installment. The first one was about China, of course, since it's the largest consumer of rice.

I love ABC National and its programs. It almost makes me wish I lived in Australia...there's probably more sunlight and less of a chance to develop S.A.D.

I'd rather listen to ABC rather than CBC. I know. How "un-Canadian" of me.

I realized I forgot to get KAR something for Christmas. She's really into the holidays and goes for the elaborate gifts, whereas I don't even see the point in buying Christmas cards.

One of the older guys from work gave me one yesterday. A part of me was glad I was on the phone at the time, because I would have felt obligated to engage in chit chat and yesterday, I was already starting to feel the first twinges of pain.

Fuck --- it's extending all the way to my back now. And unlike House I'm not going to start popping my small supply of painkillers like candy. Did you see the way he was going through them?

Hugh Laurie was on Ellen the other day. Well, it was probably a repeat or something, since everything's on repeat these days. CITY TV used to have Ellen on late in the afternoon right before six, but when that Rachael Ray show started, they replaced Ellen for a bit before bringing her back.

Thank God.

Okay. I admit it. I used to watch Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. Presentation-wise, the food looked pretty unappetizing, but just from the ingredients, you could tell it probably tasted okay.

Man, was I ever surprised Rachael Ray managed to beat out Giada De Laurentiis in the Iron Chef challenge. I kind of wondered how she felt about having to be paired up with Mario Bitalli, though. I remember reading somewhere that he and Anthony Bourdain were totally ragging on her 'cause she's not a "real" chef --- plus, that chipper, cheerful, loudmouth thing's gotta grate on your nerves after awhile, huh?

Okay --- yes. I'm a nerd. I love Food Network.

I'd probably do miserably as a chef because I don't take to being yelled at. God, can you imagine having someone like Gordon Ramsey screaming at you? I'd be on the six o'clock news for sure, looking disshevelled in my mug shots.

Got an email from someone yesterday who'd read my other journal. It was kind of nice, but I think a lot of people who read my other journal tend to think I'm manic depressive. Maybe I am. Who knows?

You know what I've come to notice, though? It's how, when you read about how bad someone else is feeling and you can kind of identify with it and feel that way, too, you still feel the need to tell them, "It's gonna be okay."

Well...maybe that's just me.

Anyway...I've gotta wrap this up and get to work.

'Til tomorrow morning, then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory