Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Hmmm...Okay. Thought I lost this, but here it is:

Same old, same old.

That's what I told a friend when she asked how things were.

I don't get why people, who you've just talked to and seen a few days ago, will ask you that...as if a lot happens in those few days. I mean, it might to other people or in the movies, but in my life? It's the same old, same old.

Not that I'm really complaining. The older I get, the more I realize that a complicated life isn't all that great. But then again, an overly simple one isn't all that great, either.

So, the other blog is shut down.

I always seem to get weird male readers. I don't know --- I guess I just relate more to other women who are in the same boat as me. I know it's not rational, but when a guy feels like it's his place to tell you what you should do with your life and how to "fix" it --- and this coming from some random stranger off the Internet --- my first impulse is, "Fuck you."

I don't often take advice. I'm the one who dishes it out. So, usually, when I'm writing, it's just me trying to work out what I'm going to do about something...or it's just me complaining for the sake of complaining.

I'll be honest though --- there were times when it was sort of nice having that sense of connection when someone would take the time to email you. But at the same time, the Internet's the Internet.

On a completely different tangent...I'm coming down with something.

It's that time of year.

I sort of feel like Patient Zero at work, though --- the plus side of it, though? I get to use "I'm contagious" as an excuse for not talking to certain people. I'm so good at pretending to be nice and polite that half the people at work who think I'm "nice" don't have a clue that I can't stand them.

I have no idea why I do that.

I should just be a bitch more often and then maybe everybody will just leave me the hell alone.

Of course, the main reason I want to be left alone right now is that I feel a constant river of water leaking out of my nose and I can't be sure if I need to wipe my nose or not, so I don't really want to talk to people 'cause I'll wind up spending more time wondering if they're staring in horror at a gigantic booger in my nose instead of concentrating on what they're saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory