Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I hate meetings.

I think we've already established that.

I had a grand total of five meetings yesterday. Today, I had only two, but I was already in a bitchy mood. (PMS, here I come!) So, when my team lead was like, "I think we should incorporate presentations in our weekly staff meetings and we can take turns presenting", I pointed at my face and said to him, "This isn't an enthusiastic face."

(Sharp inhale of breath from my cubicle neighbour, who later told me, "I couldn't believe the words coming out of your mouth.")

And then, when, again, he threw out the suggestion and said "somebody" from the room might want to go first next week, I told him, "Avert your eyes, 'cause it's not gonna be me."

Maybe I'm just looking to get fired at this point, though I can't honestly say that I hate my job. It's okay. It's not where I thought I'd be at this point in my life, but you get used to disappointments after awhile, you know?

I guess that's why I'm irritated with people who are especially whiney about how "unfair" things are in their life.

It's like, resign yourself to the sheer meaninglessness and shittiness of life already.

I've been thinking about taking a couple of classes and maybe pursuing another career path. I don't like talking about it with other people, though, 'cause you'll invariably get that all-too-enthusiastic, "Yeah! That's a great idea!"

I don't need a pep rally. I'd rather just get on with it and do it and see where that leads me.

The weird thing is, when someone else gives me advice or tells me that something sounds like a good idea, I don't really feel like doing it anymore. I lose interest faster than you can say, "Crap."

I'm tired...and there's still Nanowrimo to sludge through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory