Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm feeling sick, but not sick enough to call in sick at work, 'cause if I did, I know I'd just sit around at home all day, feeling like this was a waste of time, 'cause there's nothing interesting on TV during the day, unless you count Passions, which is technically on in the afternoon, and even then, you can't really call it "interesting" so much as you'd call it "stupid" because everybody seems to sleep with everybody else in that town, and that kind of makes all of the relationships vaguely incestuous since everybody's also related to everybody else...and come to think of it, isn't one couple actually half-brother and half-sister, just like in the latest episode of House, which was so, so, so good because House is back to his usual cranky self?

Okay, I fully realize that was one mother of a run-on sentence, but trust me, it's nowhere near as nauseating as when I'm talking and I go on these tangents where I'll jump from one thing to another and then wind up comparing someone to a serial killer by accident, when in reality, I just meant they shared an interesting trait with a character from a book about serial killers.

So, something I've been thinking about lately, is what the Best Friend mentioned awhile back:

Only women will question if they really like someone whereas guys know right off the bat.

She brought this up because I was questioning if what I thought I felt were genuine feelings as opposed to an outgrowth of desperation and loneliness resulting from ushering in my 28th birthday single. Such a sad, sad state. Though, seriously, the older I've gotten, the more at peace I am with the fact that I don't seem to gel well with a whole lot of people. But now I realize it's not just me -- that a lot of people are facing the same dilemma. Or maybe I'm projecting and seeing things that aren't there, 'cause I love to psychoanalyze people (as though I were highly qualified to do so) and try to figure out what their back stories are.

*sigh*

As you can probably tell, my mind's all over the place today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory