Monday, September 19, 2005

Visiting Gran


Gran2
Originally uploaded by Anonymous Writer.
I remember this one "Six Feet Under" episode where David finds Claire in her room, examining this book of pictures and she explains to him that her assignment is to break her eye open --- to view things in a different way.

I liked that notion --- mostly because I've been stuck with this notion that I take really crap pictures compared to Sister 2.

I don't know why it's so important that I become a better photographer.

I suppose it's just another way in which to express myself.

Decided to experiment with black-and-white when I went to visit gran at the nursing home on Saturday.

It was a depressing visit --- mostly because I noticed her feet were all swollen from not getting up to walk around. The nurses use lifts to take her to the washroom and to the bathroom.

She kept complaining she needed to go to the washroom, but the nurses ignored us, telling us she'd already gone.

Sister 3 and I were prepared to take gran ourselves, but mum said not to because it was against the nursing home policy.

Gran looks especially lost in this picture that I took of her. It makes me sad...and a little afraid of getting older, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory