Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Live Strong, My Ass

You know those wrist thingies that everyone seems to be wearing?

I hate them.

They're like the ribbons we used to wear --- a different colour for every single disease/cause known on the face of the planet.

Creepy Stalker Guy said he had some Live Strong bands that he could give me 'cause I mentioned my sister wanted to get one.

"It's for a great cause," he protested when I made some snarky comment about how everyone has jumped onto the bandwagon and gotten one --- without really knowing what it's all about.

Yeah, well...is it okay if I just give money to cause and not expect anything in return? I don't need a thick yellow rubber band hanging off my wrist to make me feel morally superior to everyone else. I can do that without the rubber band, thanks.

Besides, every fucker seems to be wearing one these days.

And it's more about a fashion statement than about the cause, isn't it? I mean, if we're being really honest here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory