Sunday, April 10, 2005

Thank God!

If worse came to worse, I wouldn't show up to work. Simple as that. Of course, I wouldn't get paid, either, but what can you do?

The supervisor was going around like a drill saergent when the TTC strike was first announced, demanding to know if everyone had a back-up plan.

There's a GO train station near my house, so I figured I'd join the millions of other like-minded people and catch a ride into the downtown core on that. I wasn't looking forward to it, though. But then again, who looks forward to being squished up against a complete stranger on all four sides, crammed in tighter than sardines in a can. (Pardon the cliche. It was the first thing that popped into my mind.)

My mother was religiously checking the news, keeping her fingers crossed that a deal would be reached before tomorrow morning.

The way I see it, TTC workers are a lot like the sanitation workers --- at the mere mention of a strike, you should just shut up and throw whatever money they want their way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory