Friday, March 18, 2005

Love Me Now

Heard this poem the other night on Don Jackson's "Lovers and Other Strangers":

Love Me Now
If you are ever going to love me,
Love me now, while I can know
The sweet and tender feelings
That from true affection flow.

Love me now
While I am living.
Do not wait until I'm gone
And then have it chiseled in marble,
Sweet words on ice-cold stone.

If you have tender thoughts of me,
Please tell me now.
If you wait until I am sleeping,
Never to awaken,
There will be death between us,
And I won't hear you then.

So if you love me, even a little bit,
Let me know while I am living,
So I can treasure it.

Robert Paul Moreno
16/1/70 - 27/2/87

I tried doing a Google search on Robert Paul Moreno but didn't come up with anything.

You know that there's probably a story there.

There's a story behind every life.

I know. I know. I'm bordering on cheesy sentimentality, but I can't help it. The guy was 17 when he died. What happened? Did he die of some illness? I mean, that would make sense, right? The words to the poem seem to indicate some sort of fatal illness.

I couldn't stop thinking about the poem after I heard it on the radio.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

my grandmother had a COPY of this poem it came out of a news paper in plastine texas in the late 70's I don't think this kid was the original Authur. but I made several copies of it and gave it to several people in austin Texas in the early 90's One of the people I gave it to was a women who had several children and she was HIV positive. I don't know her real name but people called her sugar.

7/08/2010 07:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Anonymous Rants,
Robert Paul Moreno died in a car accident in Mount Baldy California. He and a friend went off the cliff around a mile above the tunnels after hitting some black ice.
He was a beautiful person and I loved the time I got to spend with him...I was a good friend of his when the accident happened.

9/09/2011 04:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert Paul Moreno was my cousin and I never forgot the day we got the call that he was dead. I was really young but I never forgot his kindness and his big smile. He would have loved to know that someone wrote something about how nice looking he was... He was really funny and had a heart of Gold. We were closer when we were little. His family was hit hard by the loss of Robby. He was really close to his brother Scott Moreno. I cant say enough good about my cousin Robby. The day of the funeral was a day I could never forget. There were so many people. His friends were crying so loud and people were holding each other on the grass next to the trees crying and weeping. One girl fell so bad and they had to carry her off... He is buried at Forest Lawn in Ca. His plot is next to my Grandpa Louie Moreno he died shortly after... There together there... My gramps loved all of us and especially Robby. There is a story... and its worth being told. I dont know his teenage life then what I heard of through the family but he was popular due to his kind heart and being a genuine person. His sister also was so little and she loved him so much! Umm... Robby has never left my mind or my heart as like so many others. I know of what happened before he died and why he was in such a hurry. His friend also died with him. For privacy issues, I dont feel like its my place to tell his story here without my aunts or uncles permissions. I would even need Scott's or Michelles permission. Describing Robby is like describing a new baby, or amazing day... There no end. He wrote poetry, and he gave the greatest hugs. I have a picture of us when I think I was only 5 and he was like 11 or 12. He still looks the same as when the day he passed away. His brother is as wonderful as Robby was... My Uncle and Aunt got 2 really great sons from the Lord. Thank you to whomever posted this... I couldn't find anything to show my kids about there cousin Robby. Thanks to you there is something we have left of him. He knew he was going to die. I just wished I could have hugged him one last time. I LOVE YOU ROBBY> From your Cousin Tiffani D. Contreras-Ortiz & Family.

9/30/2014 02:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory