Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Dear Me,
Since this is the first (well, really the second, if you want to count the test) email post and it sort of feels like I'm writing to myself, then I'm going to address it as such.
 
It's actually kinda cool writing to myself, because before, it was like I was writing to those people who occassionally cyber surf their way onto this blog...which is kinda cool, I guess, but then I get all in my own head about how boring these posts are. I guess part of the problem is that I write too much in general. Maybe the key is cutting down the blogs and just having the one, and in which case, it probably wouldn't be this one that I keep. But then again, with the other blog, I mostly have something or another to bitch about.
 
You want to know what's weird? When I was in j-school, I was never a news junkie. Picking up a newspaper was a chore. But now? It's like, "What's happening today?" And what's more is this interest in local news. Like those two people who got shot in the face...it's like, holy shit! Is this the way it's going to play out now? People open their doors and they get shot in the face?
 
While I'm really into talk radio and reading the news and I love writing, I don't think I'd ever want to attempt to get back into journalism. Kudos to those who've made it --- though God knows some of you don't know how to write --- but it's not really for me.
 
I kind of think, sometimes, that if I could have done it over again, I would have probably gone into something else. Maybe photography. Though...I would have probably wound up in the same place that I'm at now. Or maybe not. The thing is, I'll never know and there's really no sense in pondering the what ifs, is there?
 
One of my New Year's resolutions was to keep in mind that what's past is past. Let go.
 
Okay. Time to get on with the business of working.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory