Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Achieving Real Clarity

Sometimes, the answer seems so close, I can taste it.

It's like the Holy Grail for me.

Sometimes, though, I have to wonder what I'd do if I really did have the answer.

What is it about us mortals? We're shlepping it day in and day out, some of us struggling against the current, trying to figure out this earthly ride while others swim with the tide, okay with where they're heading even if they're not really sure where that destination is.

I suppose, in the long run, we're all headed to the same place. But where is that place exactly?

Consciousness, man. It's a heavy burden, some days. You walk around with all these thoughts buzzing in your head like flies you can't swat.

Achieving real clarity --- a moment of absolute silence and stillness inside your head--- seems like a real challenge. It is a real challenge.

But then some mornings, you wake up and you think, things'll be okay; no matter what happens, things'll be okay --- 'cause really, you don't have it all that bad. And you've got to stop and think what it is, exactly, that gives you that pause --- that little pat on the back that makes everything click into place for a moment. Of course, there's no guarantee it'll stay that way, but for one moment in time, you can feel it and know it.

I suppose the trick is to remember that.

Sometimes, I think we're all afflicted with a little bit of Alzheimer's, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Link With Us - Web DirectoryBlogfuse Blog Directory